USB-C to 3 HDMI 1.4 Multi-display (MST) HubU228B-001B
- Windows operating system
- Graphics card that supports DisplayPort Alt Mode over USB-C. Check with the manufacturer of the graphics card if not sure.
- Tested compatible devices: Dell XPS 12, Dell XPS 13, HP Elitebook x360 G2, HP ZBook, Surface Book 2
- Direct connection to a computer. Use of a docking station between the computer and MST hub is not recommended.
The USB-C multi-monitor hub can simultaneously display up to 4Kx2K resolution on up to 3 monitors. The bandwidth can accommodate an additional monitor up to 1080p.
- If the displays do not automatically configure to the maximum supported resolution and refresh rate, please adjust in Display settings
- If a monitor does not display
- You may want to disable the laptop's built-in screen
- Try setting the refresh rate to one Hz lower such as 59Hz, 29Hz
The USB Type C input delivers power and data through one cord, eliminating the need for an additional power adapter. The compact design allows you to easily pack the hub for your travels.
Mirror or Extend Your Desktop Over 3 Displays
Accell’s USB-C to 3 HDMI Multi-Display Hub connects up to 3 monitors from a single USB-C output. The multi-monitor splitter supports 3 independent displays.
You can view a single image across three displays for gaming, graphic design, or spreadsheet analysis. You can also dedicate each display to a separate application for efficient and productive multitasking. Use 2 MST Hubs with a graphics card with multiple video outputs to connect up to 6 external displays -- ideal for digital signage applications such as video wall configurations.
- 2-hub configurations require a video card with 2 USB-C outputs
- The maximum number of displays is limited by the number of Display Pipes. See Video Card manufacturer for details.
- Utilizes Multi-Stream Transport (MST) protocol
- Please check if your source device supports the technology
- Compatible with Thunderbolt 3
- Data bandwidth up to 5.4 Gbps per lane, 21.6 Gbps total
- Can simultaneously display 2 Ultra HD resolution
- Compliant to HDMI 1.4b, HDCP 1.3
- Advanced WideEye™SerDes Technology capable of receiving data over a long range
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Using the Accell MST hub, how can I get my monitors in extended mode? Right now they are mirroring each other.
A: Go to display settings and configure each monitor to Extend mode. If the monitors are not recognised as independent displays, it is likely that the system does not support the MST technology.
Q: Using the Accell MST hub, how can I get all of my monitors to display? Only some are displaying.
A: Go to display settings and configure each monitor's resolution and refresh rate. You may want to set the refresh rate to one Hz lower such as 59Hz or 29Hz. Each graphics card can support a maximum number of displays at once, even when using the MST hub. This includes a laptop's built-in screen. You may want to disable the laptop's built-in screen if you want to enable one more external monitor.
Q: How many monitors are supported? Can I use multiple MST hubs for more monitors?
A: Each graphics card can support a maximum number of displays at once, even when using the MST hub. Please check with the manufacturer of the graphics card. Multiple MST hubs can be used. We do not recommend connecting them in a daisy-chain.
Q: Can I use DVI and VGA monitors with the Accell MST hub?
A: Yes. It is recommended to use Accell HDMI active adapters if connecting DVI and/or VGA monitors to the MST hub. Make sure you choose the MST Hub with the proper adapter ends for your needs.